The Indore Prelims:
1. Instagram is a portmanteau formed using the words Instant Camera and ______. (FITB)
2. This business school is named after a famous ex-CEO of General Motors. The ________ School of Business. (FITB)
3.This consultancy firm was the first to recruit undergraduates directly for non-technical profiles. Options: a) KPMG b) McKinsey c) PwC
4. Name the group that started the Scindia Steam Navigation Company and Hindustan Aircraft .
5. This bank was founded in 1923 by Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya in Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
6. Name this famous businessman and Oscar Winner.
7. The __________Effect is a book by David Kirkpatrick.
8. Head quarters of which California-based internet company? (Hint: The yellow border is a part of its logo)
9. Andersen Consulting was the name of which famous consulting company?
10. Neerja Sethi and Jayshree Ullal are the to persons of Indian origin to feature in the Forbes' inaugural list of America's 50 richest self-made women. Neerja Sethi founded _______with her husband Bharat Desai.
11. __________ is an American company which was one of the pioneers of survey based services.
12. _________ was established in 1982 on the recommendations of the Shivaraman Committee to implement the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act 1981.
13. The FiberNet a service of this ISP founded by Sundar Raju.
14. "The Polyester Prince" is an unauthorized biography of which Indian business tycoon?
15. Which company acquired the German augmented reality company Metaio?
16. The "Sorry for What" is a campaign by which Tata company? (Hint: this company is popular among the youth)
17. Alia Bhatt and Soni Razdan recently filmed for the ad of which company which is famous for its shampoos.
18. The ______ is the second largest stock exchange by market capitalization behind the NYSE.
19. ____ is a very popular Write Once, Run Anywhere (WORA) language.
20. As a part of the Make In India campaign, Arun Jaitley inaugurated this in Hoshangabad, MP. What does this unit manufacture?
4. Walchand Hirachand
5. Andhra Bank
6. Walt Disney
14. Dhirubhai Ambani
20. Paper for Indian currency notes
We got a score of 11/20 and were among the 6 teams selected for the tie-breaker for deciding the two teams that would join the other 4 in the final round. 6 questions were asked in the tie-break. Some of them were:
1. Which company manufactures Funskool toys in India? MRF
2. This Greek word means "a single seller". It is also a popular board game. Monopoly
3. Feta, cottage are types of? Cheese
(Format was similar to last year's finals with each question worth 3/4/6 points which was displayed before the question was displayed. The question could also be played on a powerplay which would change the corresponding points values to 4/6/8 respectively. A question was open to a second attempt by any team except the one that made the first attempt. 3 overs with 6 questions each.)
1. The name of this Indian Magazine means urbane, sphicticated or carefree. Which magazine?
2. Connect question: Armadeus, Zoya Akhtar, Timex group and Favre-Leuba.
3. Red OM films is the production house of which phenomenal Hollywood actress?
4. What is TCOC, a very famous document implemented across various companies?
4. Small Wonder is a book authored by Sujata Agrawal, Philip Chacko and Christabelle Noronha. What is the book about?
5. Fleetwod, DeVille, Eldorado are the names of the models of which automobile company? (8 letter word)
6. Connect question: A Rolex ad, UNICEF logo and the poster of the movie Octopussy. Name this Indian.
7. This silhouette of this person features on a logo. Which logo are we talking about?
8. Name both the economists in this picture. (Hint: One is Keynes, the other one used to sign his name as HDW)
9. This company manufactures malted milk. Its name is also the name for mountains on the poles. (Hint: Almost all of us have experienced this during our childhood)
10. Connect question: Logos of Free Basics, Instagram and an audio.
11. Name the Russian businessman who owns the yachts Eclipse, Titan and Sussurro and a private jet named 'The Bandit'.
12. We do not know this third person that was involved in founding a very famous company. Who?
13. Who succeeded Anne Mulcahy as the CEO of Xerox?
14. This founding dean of the ISB was described as the 'Euroguru' by the Economist. Who?
15. The _________ is a process used established in 2003 to prevent "conflict diamonds" from entering the mainstream rough diamonds market by United Nations GA Resoultion 55/56 following recommendations in the Fowler Report.
16. Some question about a painter businessman. Late 19th century.
17. A question on R. M. Lala
18. A question related to Pepsi.
3. Julia Roberts
4. Tata Code of Conduct
6. Vijay Amritraj
7. NBA: Jerry West
8. Harry Dexter Whitw
11. Roman Abramovic
12. Ronald Wayne
13. Ursula Burns
14. Sumantra Ghoshal
15. Kimberley Process
16. Raja Ravi Verma
17. R. M. Lala
18. Can't recollect!
Anirudh and I from IIT Indore were the runners-up in the quiz! :D